Our grateful thanks to everyone that had a go on our Christmas Prize Draw, below is a list of the winners, all of whom have been contacted by The Rotary Club of Derby South who organised the draw.
1 – 4790 Sylvia Mc Cann
2 – 2122 Terry Willis
3 – 7049 Sharon
4 – 3017 Alsaramigy
5 – 6848 Julie
6 – 2185 Tony Knight
7 – 5342 Marlyn Fenton
8 – 2188 Charlie Carr
9 – 5346 Clive Keeling
10 – 6946 Sue Briggs
11 – 7435 Danielle Cherry
12 – 7776 Tabitha
13 – 7503 Sarah and George
14 – 6204 Terry
We have joined up with the Rotary Club of Derby South for a raffle to raise funds for CamTAD Hearing Support. There are some amazing prizes on offer.
Tickets are £1 each or £5 for a book of 5 and are now available from the CamTAD Office at London Road Community Hospital and will be available from selected Coffee Morning Support Groups and Clinics from November.
Tickets will be available at the following CamTAD community sessions:
- Allestree – St Johns Church (7th November and 5th December)
- Alvaston – Handyside Court (12th November and 10th December)
- Ashbourne – Chatsworth Court (19th November)
- Castle Donington Surgery (28th November)
- Chaddesden – Mayfield Road Church (8th November and 13th December)
- Chellaston Medical Centre (14th November)
- Littleover Methodist Church (20th November)
- Long Eaton – Lacemaker Court (4th November and 2nd December)
- Mackworth – Greenwich Gardens (11th November and 9th December)
- Mickleover Library (1st November and 6th December)
- Swadlincote Health Centre (12th November)
We also have a stall in the London Road Community Hospital foyer on:
- Wednesday 20th November
- Monday 2nd December
- Wednesday 4th December
The tickets, license and all the prizes are provided by the Rotary Club of Derby South, who guarantee a return of at least 75% of all tickets sold by us to CamTAD Hearing Support. The remainder goes towards the prizes, the cost of running the raffle, the license fee and a contribution towards their own charities.
Please note that we have made it much easier to find the information that you need on our website. We have also added more pictures to make the website easier to navigate.
- extended times for telephone and email enquiries
- our opening times are now easier to understand
- We can now offer more flexible appointment times
- A new online form has been introduced to make contacting us easier
- Contact the Service Manager directly by email if preferred
- A new page encouraging membership
- Now includes a sample newsletter (our newsletters will remain for members only)
- Potential members can now download our membership form directly
Making a Payment or donation
- You can now pay by card in person or over the phone
- You can renew your membership by bank transfer
- Added details of Legacy giving, Facebook donations and Amazon Smile
- Updated the various ways that you can help through volunteering
Coffee Morning Support Groups and Hearing aid Clinics
- Download our latest clinic lists directly from a link at the top of the page
- We have added a new page detailing where to find local classes
This morning CamTAD Hearing Support attended the Hardy Group Social Meeting at the Polish Club on Kedleston Road.
This fantastic local charity support people with dementia and their carers and provides a range of social activities such as the meeting this morning and coach trips around the country to local attractions.
This morning they were joined by two young ladies who demonstrated a seated dance class that they hold at DEDA (Derby Dance Centre) for members of the group. There were also a couple of young solicitors in attendance to give advice around wills.
The group had plenty of time to socialise and had a quiz and a game of bingo too.
We had a lot of interest in the equipment that we had available for carers and we also gave advice around hearing aids, even servicing a few while we were there.
If you know someone with dementia that lives in Derby City and you would like to get involved please check out their website:
Membership is a great way to support CamTAD Hearing Support, you get a membership card, which helps reduce the number of forms that you have to complete when you visit and you get an informative newsletter Quarterly which includes equipment updates, other local support services, the clinic dates for the next Quarter, news and features.
New – payment by card over the phone
We can now accept payments by card over the telephone. This has been introduced because many of our members struggle to get to the office or cannot easily get along to their local community clinic. This is done through a service called Square Virtual Terminal and is encrypted for the safety of your personal details.
New – contactless card facility
We are pleased to announce that we are now able to take contactless card payments at the CamTAD Office at London Road Community Hospital. This can be used for memberships, donations and our equipment loan charges (the deposit for loaned equipment would still need to be in cash).
As a charity it is important that we use our funds wisely. Due to new technology, contactless card readers are now much easier to access and have no expensive charges for us to offer this service. We will be charged just 1.7% transaction fee which is just 17p for a £10 membership renewal.
Payment by bank transfer
If you wish to pay directly into our bank, please use your surname and membership number as a reference so that we can allocate the payment correctly. Here are our bank details:
Sort Code: 30-92-59 Account No: 03091673
Please note that your membership can be extended by an extra 12 months at any time up to the renewal date so you don’t have to worry about getting to us close to the date.
Please note that the quarterly newsletter also includes a Gift Aid form which can also used for membership/subscriptions. If you are a tax payer this will allow us to claim a further £2.50p from your membership or 25p for each £1 donation.
If you are looking for a bargain during this year’s Prime Day from Amazon then you can use your purchases to benefit CamTAD Hearing Support. If you access Amazon through their Amazon Smile website then you will get the same great prices but we receive a percentage back as a donation.